Looking for a low-fat, vinegar-based slaw that’s perfect for anything from BBQ side to taco topping? This tasty, tangy coleslaw recipe without mayo will be your new summer staple:
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 chopped green onions
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar (or use white vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, toss the shredded cabbage, carrots and chopped green onions.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, salt, oil, dry mustard, celery seed, pepper, and vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until the sugar is dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool, then pour over the vegetables and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Looking for more healthy dishes? Check out these recipes: