Pumpkin is a staple of the season and is a great choice to support oral health. It’s a good source of vitamin A for gum health and tooth enamel and a good source of vitamin C, which can help fight gum disease.
To avoid the sugar and starch often found in pumpkin pie, try this festive sugar-free recipe for pumpkin pudding.
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) of sugar-free vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 12 ounces evaporated low-fat 2% milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) of 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Beat pudding mix and evaporated milk in a large bowl according to package directions. Refrigerate mixture for 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice and mix well.
- Spoon into dessert dishes.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until ready to serve. For a little extra goodness, top with sugar-free whipped cream.