Professional relations representatives are responsible for maintaining our company's relationships with dentists, dental hygienists, and other dental office staff statewide.
These relationships are developed and sustained in person and over the phone, by providing information about our products, systems, and other support for our dentist network.
Our professional relations representatives are expected to provide excellent customer service, be a resource for internal and external audiences, and support the values and goals of Delta Dental of South Dakota.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage the DDSD and SD Medicaid provider networks in the organization’s computer systems.
- Manage credentialing activities, ensuring thorough and accurate review of application and other documentation.
- Promote DDSD products and Oral Health applications to dentists, hygienists and dental practice offices. Promote products and initiatives through webinars/workshops and by attending events such as professional society meetings, office manager meetings, CE conferences, etc.
- Provide training on and integration of Oral Health applications and tools into dental practice operations and maintain positive business relationships to ensure ongoing program participation. Expedite resolution of dental office issues/challenges and complaints to maximize satisfaction and participation.
- Gather details of business issues from users and utilize technical and/or dental expertise for problem resolution. Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved in a timely manner.
- Respond to dental office inquiries; support and train on requirements as needed.
- Ensure timely recordkeeping of all pertinent information, including office visits, phone calls, and email correspondence from provider offices.
- Generate status reports on active projects and other related programs.
- Proactively identify industry trends, competitive information and other market environmental factors and elevate to Director of Government Programs and Professional Services.
- Maintain confidentiality of protected health information and protect confidential business information; ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Work with the Director of Government Programs and Professional Services and marketing to create communications for provider community (email, advertising, patient or provider information, web content, software materials, events, etc.). Develop and manage presentation materials for promotional activities (webinars, workshops, presentations, events).
- Collaborate with other Delta Dental member companies as needed.
- Attend and present at internal company meetings as needed.
Experience and qualifications
- Associate or Bachelor degree in a healthcare or business/sales discipline, preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong presentation, sales and negotiation skills and the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders in an effective and positive manner.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to evaluate situations or data, identify options and generate solutions.
- Ability to demonstrate applied learning skills, including grasping new ideas and integrate them into desired results.
- Dental experience and knowledge of dental terminology preferred, but not required.
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to navigate the Internet and web services.
- Moderate travel required. Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work independently.
Compensation and benefits
Delta Dental provides an excellent compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, paid vacation, sick leave, continuing education and 401k.