A Group Administration Specialist works primarily with our group clients (businesses who buy our plans to provide dental benefits to employees) to help them manage eligibility, enrollment, and billing.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provides day-to-day support to our group customers and individual members;
- Maintains ongoing correspondence with our groups (printing/mailing ID cards, group plan handbooks, etc.);
- Enters new member enrollments and qualifying event changes (births, divorces, terminations, etc.) into the computer system;
- Researches claims-related issues as needed;
- Supports customer service inquiries related to eligibility from group clients, individual members, and dental offices;
- Performs duties/tasks as assigned by the supervisor to best meet the needs of the department.
Experience and qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent education;
- Prior experience or training in the insurance industry is helpful;
- Must have basic knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Must be organized and detail-oriented;
- Must work well with other people.
Compensation and benefits
Delta Dental provides an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, paid vacation, sick leave, continuing education and 401k. More information about benefits and company culture is available on our Careers page.